Saturday 10 October 2009

£ £ £ etc


My name is Francis Wilmer. I live in London, I have done all my life.
Today I was in urban outfitters and it really pissed me off cause I realised that all they do, is copy other stores, and sell their shit more expensively and people buy it cause they are a big brand. Then I was sitting down, looking at all the people with their shopping bags and I realised, that actually, every, store, does exactly that, and that got me really pissed of with the whole idea of buying products. The idea that we are meant to be satisfied, ever, by filling our life with these items. But really we will never be satisfied we always want more. Ergo, I thought, less is more.

So I will get rid of all but 'necessities'. I plan to strip my room bare. Ideally, I want to be able to fit my whole life into a suitcase. I plan to slowly rid myself of material possessions. By the end hopefully my bedroom will be nothing more than a mattress on the floor, an empty desk, a pile of books, and a suitcase. With this blog, I hope to make an example of myself and highlight the loss of human values, our sacrifices for material possessions. Also if people are paying attention I will be more committed.
My Family aren't that poor, but we aren't that rich. It doesn't bother me anymore either way.

we get by

we pay our bills

we have food to eat

we don't have much luxuries, but you don't need luxuries for your life to feel complete.

1 comment:

  1. This is an amazing idea.
    Can't wait to watch it happen

    ReplyDelete